How to become a certified swimming instructor in Singapore
There are a few associations which offer courses to certify swimming instructors in Singapore. They are the Sport Singapore (formerly known as the Singapore Sports Council), Swimming Teachers’ Association (STA) and AUSTSWIM. Please see the following for the differences between these certification.
Swimming Teachers’ Association
|Condo & Private Pools||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years old as on 1st Jan of the year||17 years old||16 years old (Accreditation at 17)|
(3 Years from Exam)
|First Aid or CPR||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Basic Sports Science (BSS)||Yes||–||–|
|SG-Coach Theory Lv1||Yes||–||–|
|SG-Coach Technical Lv1||Yes||–||–|
|Course Fee||Basic Sports Science
Theory LV 1
Technical LV 1
|STA Member S$550
Non Member S$580
|Additional Info||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
Upon completion of course, you are required to fulfill a certain number of attachment hours with associated swim school or swimming instructor.
Where Can You Start?
Check out the diagram below and find out where to start.
- If you cannot swim proficiently yet, come for our adult & lady swimming lessons to furnish up your skill.
- If you have no lifesaving knowledge and certifications, come for our lifesaving course. During the course, CPR & First aid course will be introduce.
- If you are preparing to teach at public pool, make sure you have completed your Basic Sports Science, SG-Coach Theory Level 1, and SG-Coach Technical Level 1.
- Upon completion of swimming instructor course, do approach us for attachment.
- Upon completion of attachment and attained proper teaching certification, join our team as a certified swimming instructor!