Baby Swimming Lessons Singapore
Every new born baby has the potential to become a Water Baby. The sooner a child discovers the freedom of buoyancy and underwater swimming, the more relaxed and independent he or she will become.
Babies are born with over 70 neonatal reflexes. They have the ability to react to stimulation with motor responses. As most neonatal reflexes weaken during the first 6 months, babies need proper guidance to master new patterns of voluntary movement in order to explore the water in a safe and fun environment.
Swimming allows babies to exercise their muscles, which helps in development of their motor, coordination and balance. Research shows early swimming also helps baby in growing sense of self-esteem, confidence and independence. It is also helpful in literacy and numeracy development.
Our aquatic program is designed for babies from 6 months to 2 years old. Babies will learn how to enter water safely, hold their breath when they go underwater, turn and propel themselves to the side of the pool and finally get out of the pool safely.
What will babies learn in Baby Swimming Lessons?
Infants will learn how to explore in and around the water safely.
Infants will learn how to float without assistance to the ledge of pools or between adults.
Infants will learn how to hold their breath when verbal and kinesthetic trigger is given.
Infants will learn basic hand paddling and leg kicking action to move around in the water.
Infants will develop confidence in submerging underwater and discover the freedom of buoyancy.
Infants will learn how to swim between adults, grabbing shirts to pull themselves up, turn and swim back to the ledge and get out of the pool, all by themselves.
Infant Aquatics Instructor
Our Happy Fish Infant Aquatic instructors give you and your baby the best swimming experience since birth!
They bring your baby back to the water world just like when they were inside mummy’s tummy. Our job is to train you, parents, to be the best swimming teacher of your little champion. Come and join us to start your babies’ wonderful swimming journey today!
What Is It For My Baby?
Research shows children who swim at very young age
- Excellent way to physical, social & emotional development.
- Improve heart and lung function.
- Precious bonding session with parents.
- Better oral expression, literacy, numeracy & mathematical reasoning compared to normal population
* Research done by Griffith University, Australia.
The duration of Baby Swimming Lessons will be short to cater to the learning style of a very young child. Parents are encouraged to participate and assist in lessons. It is because your baby feel more comfortable with the lesson. They will experience less stranger and separation anxiety. Hence, able to adapt quickly to the new environment of the pool and instructor much more faster!
Happy Fish’s First Indoor Heated Mineral Swimming Pool.
Open For Registration Now!
|Wednesday||11:00am, 11:30am, 12:00pm|
|Sunday||10:30am, 11:00am, 11:30am|
30 minutes per lesson
- Parent’s involvement is required.
- Schedule is fixed for 12 consecutive weeks lesson excluding public holidays.
- There will be no make up lesson for absenteeism.
Your preferred location or Indoor Heated Mineral Pool @ 8 Duke’s Road
Your preferred timing
30 minutes per session
1 month = 4 lessons
- Individual: S$300/month
- 2 in a group: S$350/month
- 3 in a group: S$400/month
- 4 in a group: S$450/month
- 5 in a group: S$500/month
- 6 in a group: S$550/month
Important Message For Parents
- Baby can read your body language and any subtle changes. Try to be calm, relax and always put on your best smile! Your little one will soon discover that swimming is a fun and enjoyable experience.
- Do not expect your baby to submerge or swim very soon after they are introduced to the water. Every little children is individual. Focus on the long term goal and avoid putting pressure on short term achievement.
- Don’t be over ambitious. Allow your babies to gradually develop and improve at his or her own pace.
- Practise makes perfect. Every children needs regular lesson and training, never try to hurry! Your child will learn much more in short frequent regular visits than in the occasional long one.
- If your child accidentally ingested water during the lesson. Give them a gentle pat on their back. Praise them for trying and don’t forget to put on your best smile! Children needs to be encourage. By doing this, children will enjoy and have fun.
- If your child cries during the lesson, it doesn’t mean that your child is not ready for swimming lesson. You child may be getting accustomed to the new surroundings, or just having a bad day. Give your child some time and let him develop his confident, very soon he will be able to enjoy this wonderful experience in a total relax environment with us.