Don’t become an All-Study-No-Sport kid!
Life is better and fun with swimming.
Research shows that regular swimming increases oxygen delivery to brain. By having a good time swimming, your child will be able to focus on daily activities and study more efficiently! This is the secret of champion kids.
At Happy Fish, we believe that learning to swim should promote lifelong skills and be fun! We love to swim, and our goal is to teach our students to love it too!
Today, swimming is regarded as an essential skill and is included as part of the national curriculum. One of the most popular sports in the country, it may be executed for recreational purposes, as a competitive activity or for more adventurous purposes such as swimming in open waters.
National SwimSafer Syllabus
Our kids’ swimming lessons kids are designed according to the Singapore Sports Council’s SwimSafer syllabus, starting from Stage 1,2 & 3 to Bronze, Silver and Gold! Each stage is designed to help children in developing graceful swimming skill and life saving skill.
Learn to swim step by step with SwimSafer
|SwimSafer Stage 1|
|Students will learn how to enter the water safely and how to be safe in deep water. General safety knowledge alongside learning how to move forward and backward in the water is taught as well. Personal survival skills and the ability to properly enter and exit the pool will be covered here.|
|Read more - SwimSafer Stage 1|
|SwimSafer Stage 2||SwimSafer Stage 3|
|Additional skills on how to get into the water and how to perform a surface dive are covered. Sculling, personal safety skills and awareness of where one is in the water will be introduced as well. Students will learn to swim at least 25 metres.||This stage Introduce rescue skills alongside water survival skills. Students will enhanced their underwater and sculling skills. Handling personal floatation devices will be taught as well. During this stage, students will learn how to swim at least 50 metres continuously at this point in the programme.|
|Read more - SwimSafer Stage 2||Read more - SwimSafer Stage 3|
|SwimSafer Bronze||SwimSafer Silver||SwimSafer Gold|
|Students will learn how to handle stroke techniques and perform coordinated breathing in deep water. This also works with helping to get children to know how to be safe around water craft and how to work with intermediate water survival and rescue skills. The new goal at this point is to swim for a 100 metres continuously.||This part of the process involves learning how to dive into the water and how to handle advanced rescue and survival skills. A vital part of this process involves allowing the child to learn how to handle swimming strokes so that the child can get to the last stage.||This is the last stage. Students will learn to perform proper swimming strokes in order to swim for 400 metres continuously. Students will learn how to stay afloat with ease for a longer period of time as well. Also, advanced lifesaving rescue, standing dive and safety skills will be continue be taught.|
|Read more - SwimSafer Bronze||Read more - SwimSafer Silver||Read more - SwimSafer Gold|
Optional Advance Program
|Open Water SwimSafer||Competitive Swimmer|
|Suitable for triathlon enthusiast. Experience the thrill of swimming in an open water condition and conquer the waves. You will be taught the techniques and skills to swim in open water (sea).||For those who are really into swimming and wish to take part in various swimming competition, this stage emphasizes swimming stroke corrections, swimming speed, stamina and endurance. Special techniques like somersault in water, professional plunging will also be introduced in this stage to reduce the swimming time.|
|Read More - Open Water SwimSafer||Read More - Competitive Swim Training|
|Life Guard||Platform Diving|
|This program impart you the necessary life saving skill according to Life Saving 1,2,3, Bronze Medallion and etc. Rope throwing, Towing and other rescue technique will be introduced. You will be able to take part in various life saving competiton too!||Platform diving is a part of swimming and that it helps to bring your techniques to the next level. Anyone who has swimming skills can pick it up and it isn’t just suitable for professionals alone. Hence, we are providing you with this unique opportunity to dive like a pro!|
|Read More - LifeSaving Course||Read More – Platform Diving|
Choose Your Level To Join
|Elementary||Basic Water Safety|
Pre-requisite To Join Our Group
|Elementary||:||No Pre-requisite needed|
|Beginner||:||Obtained SwimSafer 1 OR able to swim unassisted for at least 10 metres|
|Intermediate||:||Obtained SwimSafer 2/3 OR able to swim unassisted for at least 25 metres|
|Advance||:||Obtained Swimsafer 4/5/6 OR able to swim at least 100 metres continuously|
KIDS GROUP SWIMMING CLASS
|Bukit Batok Swimming Complex||Sat 9.00am||Elementary ( Start on 30 Nov 2013 )|
|Sat 11.00am||Elementary ( Start on 15 Feb 2014)|
|Sat 03.00pm||Elementary ( Start on 11 Jan 2014)|
|Sengkang Swimming Complex||Sun 1.00pm||Elementary ( Start on 17 Nov 2013 )|
|Choa Chu Kang Swimming Complex||Sat 6.00pm||Elementary ( Start on 23 Nov 2013 )|
|Sun 9.00am||Elementary ( Start on 08 Dec 2013 )|
|Tampines Swimming Complex||Sun 11.00am||Elementary ( Start on 01 Dec 2013 )|
Existing On-going Classes
|Bedok Swimming Complex||Sun 8.00am||Beginner|
|Bishan Swimming Complex||Sun 10.00am||Intermediate|
|Bukit Batok Swimming Complex||Sat 8.00am||Beginner|
|Choa Chu Kang Swimming Complex||Sat 9.00am||Advance|
|Sengkang Swimming Complex||Sat 9.00am||Beginner|
|Tampines Swimming Complex||Sat 4.00pm||Beginner|
If you can’t find any suitable class here…
- Go for Private Class, the details can be found at the bottom of this page
- Request to be in waiting list, contact us for upcoming class schedule
Important Message For Parents…
Parents play an important role in children’s swimming experience. While children are striving hard to learn how to swim, parents should know how to help their children.
- Do not expect your child to be able to swim soon after they are introduced to the water. It depends on individual learning ability. As a parent, you should focus on the long-term goal and avoid putting pressure on achievement and expecting quick results, as this may become counter-productive.
- Don’t be over ambitious about your child’s progress. Allow them to gradually develop and improve at his or her own pace. There is no shortcut in learning to swim. Practice makes perfect. Every children needs regular lessons and training, so don’t hurry them! Your child will learn much more in short and frequent regular visits than in the occasional long one.
- If your child no longer seems to enjoy the water, don’t give up! Continue your regular lessons but don’t waste all the earlier good work. It is a good idea to just hang around and watch as the others carry on, rather than skipping lessons.
- Don’t compare your child with others. Everyone has different learning ability.
- If your child accidentally slips into the water and swallows water during the lesson, don’t worry, as this is a learning process. Praise them for trying. Children need to be encouraged. By doing this, children will enjoy and have fun.
- If your child cries during the lesson, it doesn’t mean that your child is not ready for swimming lessons. You child may be adjusting to the separation from Mum and Dad, getting accustomed to the new surroundings, or just having a bad day. Give your child some time and let him or her develop confidence. Very soon he or she will be able to enjoy this wonderful experience in a totally relaxed environment with us.
Swimming Lessons Information
|Your preferred timing||Click here for our schedule|
|Where do we teach?|
Any Condo & Public Swimming Complex
Bedok Swimming Complex
|Private Lesson||Group Class|
|Individual Lesson||S$220 /month/group||S$210 per term (12 sessions)
* 1 term = 12 sessions
|2 in a group||S$240 /month/group|
|3 in a group||S$270 /month/group|
|4 in a group||S$300 /month/group|
|5 in a group||S$330 /month/group|
|6 in a group||S$360 /month/group|
|* 1 month = 4 sessions||Terms and Conditions apply|
|45-60 minutes per session|
|Private Lesson||Group Class|