All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
Research shows that regular swimming increases oxygen delivery to brain. By having a good time swimming, your child will be able to focus on daily activities and study more efficiently! This is the secret of champion kids.At Happy Fish, we believe that learning to swim should promote lifelong skills and be fun! We love to swim, and our goal is to teach our students to love it too!
Today, swimming is regarded as an essential skill and is included as part of the national curriculum. One of the most popular sports in the country, it may be executed for recreational purposes, as a competitive activity or for more adventurous purposes such as swimming in open waters.
National SwimSafer Syllabus
Our kids’ swimming lessons kids are designed according to the Singapore Sports Council’s SwimSafer syllabus, starting from Stage 1,2 & 3 to Bronze, Silver and Gold! Each stage is designed to help children in developing graceful swimming skill and life saving skill.
Learn To Swim Progression
SwimSafer Stage 1
Students will learn how to enter the water safely and how to be safe in deep water. General safety knowledge alongside learning how to move forward and backward in the water is taught as well. Personal survival skills and the ability to properly enter and exit the pool will be covered here. Read more – SwimSafer Stage 1
SwimSafer Stage 2
Additional skills on how to get into the water and how to perform a surface dive are covered. Sculling, personal safety skills and awareness of where one is in the water will be introduced as well. Students will learn to swim at least 25 metres. Read more – SwimSafer Stage 2
SwimSafer Stage 3
This stage introduce rescue skills alongside water survival skills. Students will enhanced underwater and sculling skills. Handling personal floatation devices will be taught too. During this stage, students will learn how to swim at least 50 metres continuously at this programme. Read more – SwimSafer Stage 3
SwimSafer Stage Bronze
Students will learn how to handle stroke techniques and perform coordinated breathing in deep water. This also works with helping to get children to know how to be safe around water craft and how to work with intermediate water survival and rescue skills. The new goal at this point is to swim for a 100 metres continuously. Read more – SwimSafer Bronze
SwimSafer Stage Silver
This part of the process involves learning how to dive into the water and how to handle advanced rescue and survival skills. A vital part of this process involves allowing the child to learn how to handle swimming strokes so that the child can get to the last stage. Read more – SwimSafer Silver
SwimSafer Stage Gold
This is the last stage. Students will learn to perform proper swimming strokes in order to swim for 400 metres continuously. Students will learn how to stay afloat with ease for a longer period of time as well. Also, advanced lifesaving rescue, standing dive and safety skills will be continue be taught. Read more – SwimSafer Gold
Bukit Batok SC
|Beginner – Start 5 Nov’16|
|Beginner (4-5 yrs old)|
|Sun 1.30pm||Beginner (4-5 yrs old)|
|Beginner – Start 2 Apr 2017|
|Sun 2.30pm||Beginner +|
|Beginner (4-6 yrs old)|
|Beginner (6 yrs above)|
|Beginner – Start 9 Jan’17|
|Beginner – Start 9 Jan’17|
|Sun 4:00pm||Beginner – Start 6 Nov’16|
|Sun 5:00pm||Beginner – Start 4 Dec’16|
|Sun 6:00pm||Beginner – Start 6 Nov’16|
|Sat 3.00pm||Beginner – 5 Nov’16|
60 minutes per session
S$210 per term (12 lessons)
- Group class is conducted by Happy Fish selected swimming instructors.
- Schedule are fixed for 12 consecutive weeks lesson excluding public holidays.
- The school will try ensuring that every class progresses at the same stage. Thus, we will re-allocate students to a more suitable class at any point of time.
- There will be no compensation or make up lesson if pool is close due to bad weather or any natural disaster that is out of the school’s control. However, the instructor will standby to continue the lesson as soon as the pool is deemed safe for swimming. Lesson will be conduct as usual under drizzling rain condition.
- Students will be invited to participate in SwimSafer assessment when his/her instructor deem ready. (Charges apply)
- Happy Fish reserves the right to postpone the start date for up to 4 weeks if the class size does not meet minimum requirement. Minimum 8 students to start.
- The school may also decide to merge classes should the class size fall below 5 students.
- Other general Terms and Conditions apply
Your preferred location
Your preferred timing
|1 to 2||45 mins|
|3 to 6||60 mins|
1 month = 4 lessons
- Individual: S$240 per month
- 2 in a group: S$270 per month
- 3 in a group: S$300 per month
- 4 in a group: S$330 per month
- 5 in a group: S$360 per month
- 6 in a group: S$390 per month
Private Lessons @ Indoor Pool
Happy Fish Indoor Heated Mineral Pool 8 Duke’s Rd S268888 (Near to Botanical Garden)
Weekday ONLY (Subject to coach availability)
1 month = 4 lessons
- Individual: S$300 per month
- 2 in a group: S$350 per month
Important Message For Parents
Parents play an important role in children’s swimming experience. While children are striving hard to learn how to swim, parents should know how to help their children.
- Do not expect your child to be able to swim soon after they are introduced to the water. It depends on individual learning ability. As a parent, you should focus on the long-term goal and avoid putting pressure on achievement and expecting quick results, as this may become counter-productive.
- Don’t be over ambitious about your child’s progress. Allow them to gradually develop and improve at his or her own pace. There is no shortcut in learning to swim. Practice makes perfect. Every children needs regular lessons and training, so don’t hurry them! Your child will learn much more in short and frequent regular visits than in the occasional long one.
- If your child no longer seems to enjoy the water, don’t give up! Continue your regular lessons but don’t waste all the earlier good work. It is a good idea to just hang around and watch as the others carry on, rather than skipping lessons.
- Don’t compare your child with others. Everyone has different learning ability.
- If your child accidentally slips into the water and swallows water during the lesson, don’t worry, as this is a learning process. Praise them for trying. Children need to be encouraged. By doing this, children will enjoy and have fun.
- If your child cries during the lesson, it doesn’t mean that your child is not ready for swimming lessons. You child may be adjusting to the separation from Mum and Dad, getting accustomed to the new surroundings, or just having a bad day. Give your child some time and let him or her develop confidence. Very soon he or she will be able to enjoy this wonderful experience in a totally relaxed environment with us.
Optional Advance Program
Open Water SwimSafer
Suitable for triathlon enthusiast. Experience the thrill of swimming in an open water condition and conquer the waves. You will be taught the techniques and skills to swim in open water (sea). Read More – Open Water SwimSafer
For those who are really into swimming and wish to take part in various swimming competition, this stage emphasizes swimming stroke corrections, swimming speed, stamina and endurance. Special techniques like somersault in water, professional plunging will also be introduced in this stage to reduce the swimming time. Read More – Competitive Swim Training
This program impart you the necessary life saving skill according to Life Saving 1,2,3, Bronze Medallion and etc. Rope throwing, Towing and other rescue technique will be introduced. You will be able to take part in various life saving competiton too! Read More – LifeSaving Course
Platform diving is a part of swimming and that it helps to bring your techniques to the next level. Anyone who has swimming skills can pick it up and it isn’t just suitable for professionals alone. Hence, we are providing you with this unique opportunity to dive like a pro! Read More – Platform Diving