Every baby has the potential to become a Water Baby.
The sooner a child discovers the freedom of buoyancy and underwater swimming, the more relaxed and independent he or she will become.
Babies are born with over 70 neonatal reflexes. They have the ability to react to stimulation with motor responses. As most neonatal reflexes weaken during the first 6 months, babies need proper guidance to master new patterns of voluntary movement in order to explore the water in a safe and fun environment.
Swimming allows babies to exercise which helps in development of their motor, coordination, lung capacity and balance. Research shows early swimming also helps baby in growing sense of self-esteem, confidence and independence. It is also helpful in literacy and numeracy development.
Our aquatic program is designed for babies from 4 months to 2 years old. Babies will learn how to enter water safely, hold their breath when they go underwater, propel themselves to the side of the pool and finally get out of the pool safely.
What’s In It For My Baby?
Research shows children who swim at very young age
- Excellent way to physical, social & emotional development.
- Improve heart and lung function.
- Precious bonding session with parents.
- Better oral expression, literacy, numeracy & mathematical reasoning compared to normal population
* Research done by Griffith University, Australia on 7000 babies.
The duration of swimming class is kept short to cater to the learning style of every little child. Parents are encouraged to participate and assist in lessons to make your babies feel more comfortable, reduce feeling of strange and separation anxiety. Hence, they will be able to adapt quickly to the new environment in the pool as well as our instructors way more faster!
What will babies learn?
Infants will learn how to explore in and around the water safely.
Infants will learn how to hold their breath when verbal and kinesthetic trigger is given.
Infants will develop confidence in submerging underwater and discover the freedom of buoyancy.
Infants will learn how to float without assistance to the ledge of pools or between adults.
Infants will learn basic hand paddling and leg kicking action to move around in the water.
Infants will learn how to swim between adults, grabbing shirts to pull themselves up, turn and swim back to the ledge and get out of the pool, all by themselves.
How Soon Can My Baby Swim?
With it’s many years of teaching experience since 2007, Happy Fish has developed a highly effective teaching system that has successfully taught thousands of children how to swim with confidence. Following an engaging and fun curriculum, one can expect a pleasant learning experience which produces tangible results.
Classes at Happy Fish are usually ongoing in order to develop a good consistent routine in our students. This also enables them to be able to minimise disruption, while promoting progression. Every stage is expected to last about 3 to 6 months, with some of the key milestones being:
In this stage children can submerge and float in the water comfortably.
In this stage, children can swim short distances independently.
In this stage, children can swim longer distances, swim around and climb out of the pool independently
About The Instructors
Being AUSTSWIM Gold Level Recognised Swim Centre, Happy Fish instructors are certified AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant & Preschool Aquatics. We love to give you and your baby the best swimming experience since birth! We bring your baby back to the water world just like when they were inside mummy’s tummy. Our job is to train you, parents, to be the best swimming teacher of your little champion. Come and join us to start your babies’ wonderful swimming journey today!
Happy Fish's Indoor Heated Swimming Pools
Learn to swim in our heated pools with no weather disruption
Happy Fish @ Wild Wild Wet (Coming Soon)
Happy Fish @ Bedok
Happy Fish @ Jurong East
Happy Fish @ Horsecity
Happy Fish @ Bukit Timah
Happy Fish @ Kota Damansara (Malaysia)
Happy Fish @ Sunway Pyramid (Malaysia)
|Monday||10.00am, 4.00pm, 7.00pm|
|Tuesday||10.00am, 4.00pm, 7.00pm|
|Wednesday||10.00am, 4.00pm, 7.00pm|
|Thursday||10.00am, 4.00pm, 7.00pm|
|Friday||10.00am, 4.00pm, 7.00pm|
|Tuesday||2.00pm, 2.30pm, 4.00pm|
|Sunday||11.00am, 11.30am, 4.00pm|
|Monday||3.00pm, 3.30pm, 7.00pm|
|Wednesday||10.30am, 11.00am, 3.30pm|
|Saturday||10.30am, 4:00pm, 4.30pm, 5pm, 5.30pm|
|Sunday||9am, 2pm, 4pm|
|Monday||9.00am, 9.30am, 10.00am, 1.00pm, 1.30pm|
|Saturday||9:30am, 10:30am, 11:30am, 1pm, 2:30pm, 4:30pm, 5pm|
|Sunday||9am, 9:30am, 5pm|
30 minutes per lesson
- Weekday: S$342.40 per term (incl. GST)
- Weekend: S$428.00 per term (incl. GST)
- Term: 10 + 2 lessons
- Group size: max. 6 students
- Get a complimentary Underwater Baby Videography when you register for 3 terms in a single transaction. Terms and conditions apply.
- Parent’s involvement is required. We welcome both parents to participate!
- The schedule is fixed for 12 consecutive weeks lesson excluding public holidays.
- The school will re-allocate students to a more suitable class if necessary to ensure a good learning experience.
- There will be no make-up lesson for group classes.
- Please be advised that photos and videos may be taken for training and marketing purposes.
- The school reserves the right to postpone the start date if class size is less than the minimum requirement.
- Children will be required to wear swim diapers when in the pool.
- Avoid using “thermal” swimwear at our heated pool.
Any Happy Fish Indoor Heated Pool
Weekdays ONLY (Subject to coach availability)
30 minutes per session
1 month = 4 lessons
- Individual: S$321.00 per month
- 2 in a group: S$374.50 per month
- 3 in a group: S$428.00 per month
- 4 in a group: S$481.50 per month
- 5 in a group: S$535.00 per month
- 6 in a group: S$588.50 per month
All prices above are inclusive of GST
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum age for infants to take part?
Our programme is suitable for babies from 4 months old onwards. Any babies younger than 4 months old is welcome to register for their slots first.
Can I group my 12 months old baby with 3 years old toddler together?
As they are in different categories, we recommend to conduct the class separately. We will be using different syllabus for Infant and Toddler Swim Lessons.
Do I need to be in the water with my baby?
Yes, parents are required to join their babies for swimming lessons. In fact, we welcome both parents to join us. After all, you are your baby’s best teacher! Our instructor will guide you on how to teach your babies to swim. This allows the baby and parents to have fun together. Your babies will also have a sense of security.
How many students in a class and how long is each lesson?
Each class is limited to 6 students only. Each session last 30 minutes. Don’t forget to prepare your little one’s favourite fluffy towel to keep them warm after the session.
What do I need to bring for the lessons?
Bring along your baby’s swimwear, snugly fit swim diapers, toiletries, towel and any baby’s favourite waterproof toys.
Is there a make-up lesson if my child is not able to attend the class?
We used to have make-up lessons on different timing, but a lot of children couldn’t adapt to the new class environment. It also affects the entire class synergy. Hence, we decided to give all students two additional bonus lessons upfront instead of make-up lessons. This will bring the total lessons per term to 12 lessons instead of just 10 lessons.
Anyway, if you miss a class, you can still request for a complimentary practise session (Usual price S$15), and your instructor will give you tips on what to practise.
Is there any trial class available?
Yes, trial lesson at $42.80 per pax, 3 students in a group. Private trial class available on certain timing at Bukit Timah outlet at SGD53.50 too!
My child is toilet trained. Why does he have to wear swim diaper?
Children will need to hold their breath and utilises multiple muscles when they swim. They may not be able to control or communicate the need to go washroom in time. Therefore, to minimise inconvenience to everyone, the wearing of swim diapers is mandatory for children below 5 years old.
Important Message For Parents
- Baby can read your body language and any subtle changes. Try to be calm, relax and always put on your best smile! Your little one will soon discover that swimming is a fun and enjoyable experience.
- Do not expect your baby to submerge or swim very soon after they are introduced to the water. Every little children is individual. Focus on the long term goal and avoid putting pressure on short term achievement.
- Don’t be over ambitious. Allow your babies to gradually develop and improve at his or her own pace.
- Practise makes perfect. Every children needs regular lesson and training, never try to hurry! Your child will learn much more in short frequent regular visits than in the occasional long one.
- If your child accidentally ingested water during the lesson. Cough together and give them a gentle pat on their back. Praise them for trying and don’t forget to put on your best smile! Children needs to be encourage. By doing this, children will enjoy and have fun.
- If your child cries during the lesson, it doesn’t mean that your child is not ready for swimming lesson. You child may be getting accustomed to the new surroundings, or just having a bad day. Give your child some time and let him develop his confident, very soon he will be able to enjoy this wonderful experience in a total relax environment with us.