Baby Swimming Lessons
Indoor Heated Pools . Happy Babies . Happy Coaches
Every baby has the potential to become a Water Baby
The sooner a child discovers the freedom of buoyancy and underwater swimming, the more relaxed and independent he or she will become.
Babies are born with over 70 neonatal reflexes. They have the ability to react to stimulation with motor responses. As most neonatal reflexes weaken during the first 6 months, babies need proper guidance to master new patterns of voluntary movement in order to explore the water in a safe and fun environment.
Swimming allows babies to exercise which helps in the development of their motor, coordination, lung capacity and balance. Research shows early swimming also helps the baby in a growing sense of self-esteem, confidence and independence. It is also helpful in literacy and numeracy development.
Our aquatic program is designed for babies from 4 months to 2 years old. Babies will learn how to enter the water safely, hold their breath when they go underwater, propel themselves to the side of the pool and finally get out of the pool safely.
What’s In It For My Baby?
Research shows children who swim at very young age
- An excellent way to physical, social & emotional development.
- Improve heart and lung function.
- Precious bonding session with parents.
- Better oral expression, literacy, numeracy & mathematical reasoning compared to the normal population
* Research done by Griffith University, Australia on 7000 babies.
The duration of our swimming class is kept short to cater to the learning style of every little child. Parents are encouraged to participate and assist in lessons to make your babies feel more comfortable, reduce the feeling of strange and separation anxiety. Hence, they will be able to adapt quickly to the new environment in the pool as well as our instructors way faster!
Who We Are?
Happy Fish is the leading swim school with 10 indoor heated swimming pools in Singapore & Malaysia, providing high-quality learn-to-swim programmes for all ages since 2007.
With 13 years of research and experience, we commit to bring the best learning experience to all our students. Using state-of-the-art water sanitisation and filtration system, our students can learn to swim in a comfortable, controlled environment with crystal clear water.
We love to give you and your baby the best swimming experience since birth! We bring your baby back to the water world just like when they were inside mummy’s tummy. Our job is to train you, parents, to be the best swimming teacher of your little champion. Come and join us to start your babies’ wonderful swimming journey today!
How Do We Teach Babies To Swim?
With many years of teaching experience since 2007, Happy Fish has developed a highly effective teaching system that has successfully taught thousands of children how to swim with confidence. Following an engaging and fun curriculum, one can expect a pleasant learning experience which produces tangible results.
Classes at Happy Fish are usually ongoing in order to develop a good consistent routine in our students. This also enables them to be able to minimise disruption, while promoting progression. Every stage is expected to last about 3 to 6 months, with some of the key milestones being:
- Water Familiarisation – Explore the water safely and confidently
- Breath Control – Hold breath on command to be ready for submersion
- Submersion – Explore underwater safely and confidently
- Free Floating – Discover buoyancy and freedom of floating without assistance
- Propulsion – Proper kicking and paddling method to propel through the water
- Independent Swimming – Ability to change breath to swim for longer distance
Happy Fish's Indoor Heated Swimming Pools
The happiest place to learn swimming!
Our indoor pool is running on high-quality salt chlorinator combined with UV filter. UV is the non-chemical technology used by New York City to purify drinking water. The results are equally impressive in swimming pools. You'll enjoy a pool that is safe, healthy, and a lot easier to manage. UV does the heavy lifting which lowers chlorine demand up to 90%. Bacteria and other disinfection by-products are safely eliminated.
We maintain pool temperature at 30-32 Celsius during lesson time, so be assured to enjoy the warm crystal clear water and say goodbye to shivers, stinging eyes, dry hair and skin!
Happy Fish @ Wild Wild Wet
Happy Fish @ Bedok
Happy Fish @ Jurong East
Happy Fish @ Horsecity
Happy Fish @ Bukit Timah
Happy Fish @ Jurong East 2
Happy Fish @ Kota Damansara (Malaysia)
Happy Fish @ Sunway Pyramid (Malaysia)
Happy Fish @ Taman Sea SS23 (Malaysia)
Happy Fish @ Sunway Iskandar (Malaysia)
Happy Fish @ Mont Kiara (Malaysia)
- Happy Fish @ Wild Wild Wet
- Happy Fish @ Bedok
- Happy Fish @ Jurong East
- Happy Fish @ Horsecity
- Happy Fish @ Duke’s Road
- Weekday 9am to 9pm (Last class at 8.30pm)
- Weekend 9am to 6pm (Last class at 5.30pm)
- 30 minutes per lesson
- Weekday: S$342.40 per term (incl. GST)
- Weekend: S$428.00 per term (incl. GST)
- Term: 10 lessons with 4 make-up credits
- Group size: max. 6 students
- Get a complimentary Featured Videography when you register for 3 terms in a single transaction.
Terms & Conditions
- Lessons are scheduled for 10 consecutive weeks, excluding public holidays.
- Make-up credits must be fully utilised within the same term.
- Absences must be at least 2 hours before lesson. Failing to do so, the lesson will be charged.
- Students with perfect attendance (or not utilising the make-up credits) are eligible to redeem an underwater photoshoot or a 1-minute milestone video capturing termly milestones.
- There will be no lesson if the lesson falls on an actual public holiday, at no charge. Lessons will be as per normal for public holidays in lieu.
- Children will be grouped according to age groups in their first term and may subsequently regroup according to their stages (timing may change).
- Happy Fish will send a relief instructor if the class coach is unable to conduct the lesson on that day.
- Start date will be postponed if the class size does not meet the minimum requirement.
- Children 5 years and below will be required to wear approved snugly fitting swim diapers. Strictly no adjustable or disposable swim diapers.
- Accompanying adults must wear appropriate swim attire. Strictly no shorts, long pants or t-shirts.
- Parent’s involvement is required for baby and toddler classes. We welcome both parents to participate.
- Other general Terms and Conditions apply
Any Happy Fish Indoor Heated Pool
30 minutes per session
1 month = 4 lessons
- Individual: S$428.00 per month
- 2 in a group: S$481.50 per month
- 3 in a group: S$535.00 per month
- 4 in a group: S$588.50 per month
- 5 in a group: S$642.00 per month
- 6 in a group: S$695.50 per month
All prices above are inclusive of GST
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum age for infants to take part?
Children can start learning swimming at any age, but the best would be when they are as young as 4 months old. This is because younger children tend to be like a clean slate and pick up new skills and techniques very fast. With the combination of swimming techniques and their growth, we noticed that these younger ones perform better as compared to their peers when exposed to early childhood swimming.
One of our key concern is the child developing fears of water when influenced by stories or social media.
Is there any trial class available?
Yes, we conduct group trial classes at $58.85 per infant or toddler. A private trial will be at $69.55 and both fees include an approved swim diaper. We understand that it is only a trial, but we seek your kind understanding that many leakages and seepages come from the child’s first swim in a new environment.
How long is it going to take for my baby to learn to swim?
Every child is unique and therefore it is very difficult to say how long they will take. A child takes average of 2 to 3 terms. After the first term, you can start to see them propel a short distance in the water.
Can I group my 12 months old baby with 3 years old toddler together?
As they are in different age groups, they will be in different syllabus and classes. The School will try to arrange a back to back classes to facilitate your logistics.
Do I need to be in the water with my baby?
Yes, our Infants / Toddlers Programmes are parent-accompanied classes.
Can both parents join in the lesson?
We encourage both parents to be involved in the child’s learning. Parents are the best teachers and you will learn how to teach your child. By doing so, you can practise at your own time. *Note that only one accompanying adult this period in view of Covid-19.
How many students in a class and how long is each lesson?
Each class is capped at 6 students. Each session last 30 minutes.
What do I need to bring for the lessons?
1) Baby swimwear ( No wet-suit required, the pool is heated)
2) Approved swim diaper (SnuglyFit or iPlay brands)
3) Parent’s proper and tight-fitting swimsuit (No form of shorts or beachwear is allowed)
4) Baby’s favourite waterproof toys (if any)
7) A clean set of clothing
8) Baby’s food and drinks (Babies tend to be hungry after lessons)
We only allowed Snuglyfit and iPlay brands. Please refer to https://happyfish.sg/diaper/
Is there a make-up lesson if my child is not able to attend the class?
Each term includes 4 make-up credits. Make-up credits cannot be carried forward.
In the case if the child is unwell, a Medical Certificate (MC) is required to verify the absence of the child to be eligible for a make-up lesson. Do notify the school at least 2 hours in advance if your child is on MC.
In the case of non-medical reason, you are required to notify the school two days in advance. Failing to do so, the lesson will be charged.
My child is toilet trained. Why does he have to wear swim diaper?
Children will need to hold their breath and utilises multiple muscles when they swim. They may not be able to control or communicate the need to go washroom in time. Therefore, to minimise inconvenience to everyone, the wearing of swim diapers is mandatory for children below 5 years old.
What should I do if my baby is cranky during the lesson?
Crying is your baby’s primary way of expressing. When you have a cranky baby in the pool, you need to stay positive and try to find out the possible reasons. Deal with it and always put on your best smile. Your emotions will affect your child’s. It is very important that parent should not leave the pool immediately when your child became cranky as they will probably associate crying with leaving the pool.
What is the age range for toddler?
Children aged between 2 to under 5 years old would be considered under the Young Toddlers’ class.
Important Message For Parents
- Baby read your body language and any subtle changes. Stay calm, relax and always put on your best smile! Your little one will soon discover that swimming is a fun and enjoyable experience.
- Do not expect your baby to submerge or swim very soon after they are introduced to the water. Every little child is an individual. Focus on the long term goal and avoid putting pressure on short term achievement.
- Don’t be over-ambitious. Allow your babies to gradually develop and improve at his or her own pace.
- Practise makes perfect. Every child needs regular lesson and training, never try to hurry! Your child will learn much more in short frequent regular visits than in the occasional long one.
- If your child accidentally ingested water during the lesson. Cough together and give them a gentle pat on their back. Praise them for trying and don’t forget to put on your best smile! Children need to be encouraged. By doing this, children will enjoy and have fun.
- If your child cries during the lesson, it doesn’t mean that your child is not ready for a swimming lesson. You child may be getting accustomed to the new surroundings, or just having a bad day. Give your child some time and let him develop his confidence, very soon he will be able to enjoy this wonderful experience in a total relax environment with us.