Toddler Swimming Lessons
Indoor Heated Pools . Highly Qualified Coaches
Splashing Fun Swimming Lessons For Age 2 & Above
Young children learn to swim better in a happy environment, that is why they should come to Happy Fish. Introducing swimming to your young children helps them to prepare for proper swimming and leads them to healthy lifestyle! More importantly, it can help save lives. We are aware of their needs as well as their attention span. Having classes with a shorter duration can improve their focus and develop a willing to learn attitude. Furthermore, a smaller class size would ensure that equal attention is given to each of them.
It’s ideal to cultivate a positive attitude when young. By providing your child with swimming lessons, it can teach them to lead a healthy lifestyle. This is important as kids tend to pick things up when they are young. By teaching them to lead a healthy lifestyle from young, it helps to develop a positive character in the future.
Our toddler aquatic specialists are committed to ensure a comfortable learning experience for you and your child. We have specially designed our syllabus in a step by step manner to cater to young children’s ability. For parents who prefer a more personal class, they have the option of choosing a private lesson. This gives your child full attention for 30 minutes. On the other hand, for parents who prefer their child to share the joy and experience with other toddlers, the group lessons awaits them!
What will toddlers be learning?
Children will learn how to explore in and around the water safely.
Children will discover the freedom of buoyancy and float without assistance.
Children will learn how to hold breath before submerging into the water.
Children will learn basic hand paddling and leg kicking action to move around in the water.
Children will develop confidence in submerging underwater.
Children will learn enter and exit the pool, swim around safely and respect the depth of water.
How Soon Can My Child Swim?
With it’s many years of teaching experience since 2007, Happy Fish has developed a highly effective teaching system that has successfully taught thousands of children how to swim with confidence. Following an engaging and fun curriculum, one can expect a pleasant learning experience which produces tangible results.
Classes at Happy Fish are usually ongoing in order to develop a good consistent routine in our students. This also enables them to be able to minimise disruption, while promoting progression. Every stage is expected to last about 3 to 6 months, with some of the key milestones being:
In this stage, children can submerge, float and swim a short distance.
In this stage, children can kick using a kick board, swim and breath independently.
In this stage, children begin to gain better motor skill and will refine their swimming skills.
About The Instructors
We love to give you and your baby the best swimming experience since birth! We bring your baby back to the water world just like when they were inside mummy’s tummy. Our job is to train you, parents, to be the best swimming teacher of your little champion. Come and join us to start your babies’ wonderful swimming journey today!
Happy Fish's Indoor Heated Swimming Pools
The happiest place to learn swimming!
Our indoor pool is running on high-quality salt chlorinator combined with UV filter. UV is the non-chemical technology used by New York City to purify drinking water. The results are equally impressive in swimming pools. You'll enjoy a pool that is safe, healthy, and a lot easier to manage. UV does the heavy lifting which lowers chlorine demand up to 90%. Bacteria and other disinfection by-products are safely eliminated.
We maintain pool temperature at 30-32 Celsius during lesson time, so be assured to enjoy the warm crystal clear water and say goodbye to shivers, stinging eyes, dry hair and skin!
Happy Fish @ Wild Wild Wet
Happy Fish @ Bedok
Happy Fish @ Jurong East
Happy Fish @ Horsecity
Happy Fish @ Bukit Timah
Happy Fish @ Jurong East 2
Happy Fish @ Kota Damansara (Malaysia)
Happy Fish @ Sunway Pyramid (Malaysia)
Happy Fish @ Taman Sea SS23 (Malaysia)
Happy Fish @ Sunway Iskandar (Malaysia)
Happy Fish @ 163 Mont Kiara (Coming Soon)
Happy Fish @ KSL Esplanade (Coming Soon)
- Happy Fish @ Wild Wild Wet
- Happy Fish @ Bedok
- Happy Fish @ Jurong East
- Happy Fish @ Horsecity
- Happy Fish @ Duke’s Road
- Weekday 9am to 9pm (Last class at 8.30pm)
- Weekend 9am to 6pm (Last class at 5.30pm)
- 30 minutes per lesson
- Weekday: S$342.40 per term (incl. GST)
- Weekend: S$428.00 per term (incl. GST)
- Term: 10 lessons with 4 make-up credits
- Group size: max. 6 students
- Get a complimentary Underwater Videography when you register for 3 terms in a single transaction.
Terms & Conditions
- Lessons are scheduled for 10 consecutive weeks, excluding public holidays.
- Make-up credits must be fully utilised within the same term.
- Absences must be at least 2 hours before lesson. Failing to do so, the lesson will be charged.
- Students with perfect attendance (or not utilising the make-up credits) are eligible to redeem an underwater photoshoot or a 1-minute milestone video capturing termly milestones.
- There will be no lesson if the lesson falls on an actual public holiday, at no charge. Lessons will be as per normal for public holidays in lieu.
- Children will be grouped according to age groups in their first term and may subsequently regroup according to their stages (timing may change).
- Happy Fish will send a relief instructor if the class coach is unable to conduct the lesson on that day.
- Start date will be postponed if the class size does not meet the minimum requirement.
- Children 5 years and below will be required to wear approved snugly fitting swim diapers. Strictly no adjustable or disposable swim diapers.
- Accompanying adults must wear appropriate swim attire. Strictly no shorts, long pants or t-shirts.
- Parent’s involvement is required for baby and toddler classes. We welcome both parents to participate.
- Other general Terms and Conditions apply
Any Happy Fish Indoor Heated Pool
30 minutes per session
1 month = 4 lessons
- Individual: S$428.00 per month
- 2 in a group: S$481.50 per month
- 3 in a group: S$535.00 per month
- 4 in a group: S$588.50 per month
- 5 in a group: S$642.00 per month
- 6 in a group: S$695.50 per month
All prices above are inclusive of GST
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the age range for this particular category?
Children aged between 2 to 4 years old would be considered under the Young Toddlers’ category.
Can I group my 3 years old kid with 8 year old kid together?
As they are in different categories, we recommend to conduct the class separately. We will suggest a back to back lesson for your children. We will be using different syllabus for toddler and kid swimming lessons.
Is there a make-up lesson if my child is not able to attend the class?
Yes, each lesson term comes with 4 make-up credits.
Make-up credits must be fully utilised within the same term.
Absences must be notified at least 2 days in advance for non-medical reason or 2 hours before lesson and supported with medical proof for medical reason. Failing to do so, the lesson will be charged.
Do I need to be in the pool together with my child?
Yes, parents are required to join their children for swimming lessons. After all, you are your child’s best teacher! Our instructor will guide you on how to teach your child to swim. This allows the baby and parents to have fun together. Your babies will also have a sense of security.
What should I bring along for the lessons?
Baby swimwear (No wetsuit required, the pool is warm)
Snugly fit swim diaper (reusable and non-adjustable type)
Parent tight-fitting swimsuit ( no baggy swim short or beachwear )
Baby’s favourite waterproof toys (if any)
A clean set of clothing
Baby’s food and drinks (Babies tend to be hungry after lessons)
How many students in a class and how long is each lesson?
Each class is limited to 6 students only. Each session last 30 minutes.
My child is Asthmatic. Is he suitable to learn swimming?
We recommend a doctor’s opinion to be sought first as there are varying degrees of Asthma.
My child is toilet trained. Why does he have to wear swim diaper?
Children will need to hold their breath and utilises multiple muscles when they swim. They may not be able to control or communicate the need to go washroom in time. Therefore, to minimise inconvenience to everyone, the wearing of swim diapers is mandatory for children below 5 years old.
Is there any trial class available?
Yes, trial lesson at $42.80 per pax, 3 students in a group. Private trial class available on certain timing at Bukit Timah outlet at SGD53.50 too!
Important Message For Parents
Parent plays an important role in children swimming experience. While children are striving hard to learn how to swim, parent should know how to help their children.
- Do not expect your child to be able to swim soon after they are introduced to the water. It depends on individual learning ability. As a parent, you should focus on the long term goal and avoid putting pressure on achievement and expecting quick results, this may become counter-productive.
- Don’t be over ambitious towards your child’s progress. Allow them to gradually develop and improve at his or her own pace. There is no shortcut in learning to swim. Practice makes perfect. Every children needs regular lesson and training, never try to hurry! Your child will learn much more in short frequent regular visits than in the occasional long one. A child’s attention span is extremely short. The younger the child, the shorter the attention span. Young children concentration span is about twenty minutes.
- If your child no longer seem to enjoy the water, don’t give up! Continue your regular lessons but don’t waste all the earlier good work. It is a good idea to just hang around and watch as the others carry on, rather than skipping lessons.
- Don’t compare your child with others. Everyone progresses differently.
- If your child accidentally slips into the water and ingests water during the lesson, don’t worry, this is a learning process. You just have to lift your child up gently and put on your best smile. Praise them for trying. Children need to be encouraged. By doing this, children will enjoy and have fun.
- If your child cries during the lesson, it doesn’t mean that your child is not ready for swimming lesson. You child may be adjusting the separation from Mom and Dad getting accustomed to the new surroundings, or just having a bad day. Give your child some time and let him develop his confident, very soon he will be able to enjoy this wonderful experience in a total relax environment with us